Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Under the Wire

Good morning all my crafty friends!  Here in Jersey we're getting our first snow of the season! LOVE it!  What a great day to bake and make some Christmas cards!!

I used the current sketch over at the MFT blog as inspiration for my card today.  It was so much fun to play with!

Here is the sketch #149 for this week:
 

 And here is my creation using the PI Heart Warmer Boy stamp set :



This little cutie is colored in Copics and has some Sharpie white poster paint pen to accent his cheeks.  The snowdrift is some glittered cardstock from DCWV.  I also used some new papers from the Santa and Friends Paper Studio collection.  I added some Diamond Stickles to his snowballs and Liquid Pearls behind him for "snow".  I cut out a snowflake using my Cricut Expression and finished it off with a button from my stash.  I tied it all together with some red and white twine from American Crafts.

Challenges:
MFT - Sketch #149
CMC - Wintry/Cold/Frosty Themed
Creative Creations - Sparkle and Shine
Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
Marker Pop - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Snow and Ice

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sara, Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your nice comments since my card isn't really like the sketch! But yours is and it came out very cute!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a cutie! gorgeous snowflakes, cute image beautiful papers= all make a great take on the sketch!
    thanks for sharing at love to scrap! challenge blog
    shuly dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute, Sara! Love the layout and papers! The image is adorable! It's going to be very cold here tonight, but luckily no snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute. Love how you did the snow around that sweet PI image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable :) love the image and the pearls you have added finish it really well :) thanks for playing along with us this week at Creative Creations Challenges and out 'sparkle and Shine challenge :) good luck and we hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project is awesome with so many great details! Thanks for sharing your talent with us in the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's "Anything Goes" challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, DT
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete